Organizing the right care in the right place together with care parties. That is the goal of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport. The Valuable AI for health program helps healthcare parties to capitalize on the potential of AI. As a project leader / strategic advisor and a real connector, you have an important part in this. Do you strengthen our program team?
Along approximately fifteen action lines, the program team is working with yet to be formed action teams in the field on tools, coalitions and awareness activities to increase the perceived value (creation) through the use of artificial or artificial intelligence (AI) in practice. Examples are tools to clarify the room for maneuver, set up governance or assess the purchase of AI.
The small and professional program team initiates actions or joins action teams, and provides connections and an action-oriented approach from a leading or stimulating role. We describe the intended result per action, direct it, set up assignments and create frameworks for the action teams. The specific experience you bring in is that of a connector within the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) and / or other departments. In addition, you mainly look at the ethical and social side of AI and the way in which AI adds value in health and care issues.
You are a full member of the program team and you take charge of some actions. You also act as a buddy for another project leader. Together you focus on cohesion and you facilitate the action teams from the field. So that they can achieve the intended result through an action-learning approach. Based on your knowledge of healthcare and your networking skills, you can mobilize people from the field to participate in the action teams for which you are responsible. You translate the insights, opportunities and risks that emerge from the actions into input for your policy colleagues at the Information Policy Department.
Together with the other program members you work on and take responsibility for:
- setting out action lines to action teams in the field to increase the value (creation) of AI for health and describing the intended results;
- mobilizing people from the field to participate in the action teams, so that there is sufficient capacity to achieve successful results;
- directing and / or facilitating the action team using an action-learning approach;
- preparing the expected actions and reporting on the (interim) results in the monthly sprint start and review;
- communication about the action lines, both internally and externally;
- establishing links with other ongoing relevant programs;
- to implement actions in the field of knowledge dissemination about AI and the removal of perceived obstacles;
- informing and advising the policy colleagues or official summit on AI for health;
- following and translating external developments and trends, within and outside healthcare;
- safeguarding the results from the action lines in the field or where necessary within the Ministry of VWS.
- You have university level and relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar position or assignments.
- You preferably have experience with the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport or another ministry.
- You preferably have experience in healthcare.
- You have a strong affinity or experience with (the impact of) AI, preferably within healthcare.
- You have an affinity with medical-technological and ethical developments.
- You can express yourself well in English.
- You have knowledge of and experience with action-based project and / or programmatic work, preferably within healthcare and government.
- You have good connecting and analytical skills, and are focused on building support and cohesion with other parties and people.
- You are goal and result oriented, you know how to approach and you work according to the agile method.
- You are enterprising, enterprising and identify opportunities that you can also capitalize on.
- You always and everywhere keep an overview and make connections with what is going on in the different action lines.
- You are critical and convincing, and dare to think differently.
- You can be deployed as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
Salary levelscale 12Monthly salaryMin € 3,815 – Max. € 5,671 (gross)EmploymentFixed-term contractContract duration1 yearMinimum number of hours per week32Maximum number of hours per week36
Other employment conditions
In addition to the salary, you will receive an individual choice budget (IKB). The IKB consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB you make the choices that suit you and you can compile part of your terms of employment yourself. For example, you can choose to have part of your monthly income paid out if you wish. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. The fringe benefits include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport commuting costs and partially paid parental leave.
- Send your application to Tim Postema quoting vacancy number VWS200119 (DI).
- If you have been appointed as a mandatory From-Work-To-Work candidate, we request that you send a copy of this designation letter with the application.
- A job-oriented assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
- Because you work with confidential information in this position, we can ask for references during the application procedure and you need a Certificate of Good Conduct to enter the employment position.
- Secondment is an option.
More about the function group (Senior) Advisor
The State Function Building helps employees and managers in making performance and development agreements in performance appraisals and provides insight into career opportunities within the central government.
More information on Function Building Rijksoverheid
More about your future department
Program Valuable AI for health
The Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS) wants to realize the right care in the right place together with the care parties. For everyone, now and in the future. The use of artificial or artificial intelligence (AI) can help us with this. If we convert the potential of AI into the actual perceived value for patients, care providers and citizens, this has a huge impact on the quality of our care. The VWS program Valuable AI for health helps healthcare parties to capitalize on this potential of AI. For example, by joining initiatives from the field that enable the upscaling and meaningful use of AI in medical devices.
Raising awareness about the possibilities of (working with) AI is a precondition for actually getting started. The program is structured from an action-learning approach. This means that we focus on co-creation with the field and drive scalable activities. Learning to act with the field helps to know what people are encountering in practice and to clarify what can and cannot be done, and what role the government has in this. In this way we can work together on a people-oriented development of reliable AI for health.
The program falls under the Information Policy (DI) department of the Ministry of VWS. This department prepares the information policy for VWS-wide policy subjects and ensures integration into government-wide subjects in this area. DI coordinates information and ICT topics within the ministry and towards the field for an unambiguous approach, sector-wide coordination and prioritization. In addition, DI develops and tests frameworks for information and ICT activities.
Within DI, four VWS-wide programs have been incorporated that are or must be coherent with one another. In addition to Valuable AI for health, these are International, Access and Data Exchange.
Ministry of Health, wellbeing and sports
The Netherlands healthy and well: that is the motto of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (VWS). VWS wants to keep everyone healthy for as long as possible, improve the sick as quickly as possible, support people with disabilities and promote social participation. In this way, VWS makes a valuable contribution to the quality of life of all Dutch people.
As VWS, we are convinced that we are at our best when we have a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, orientations and knowledge in house. We therefore want to be a versatile employer for all groups in society and take this into account during the selection procedure.
VWS has approximately 5,000 employees. They mainly work for agencies, councils and inspections. About 1,300 people work in the core department. The Ministry is also responsible for a number of independent administrative bodies such as the Dutch Healthcare Authority, the Care Assessment Center, the Central Administration Office and the Netherlands Healthcare Institute.Ministry of Health, wellbeing and sports