Do you want to contribute to the further development of our DataHub and thereby contribute to impactful supervision of the market? Do you want to make the Netherlands better by helping to detect cartels, insider trading, market manipulation and unfair trading practices? Then the vacancy Data Engineer at the Authority for Consumers & Markets (ACM) is definitely for you!
What are you going to do?
Our multi-year information strategy aims to make ACM a modern and data-driven supervisor. The DataHub was started on 1 January 2020 to properly deploy data for data-driven supervision. The DataHub supports all data activities of ACM for the purpose of performing its supervisory task. As a Data Engineer you contribute to the further development of the DataHub.
You will work in a team of data scientists, open-source information analysts and data analysts. Together you ensure that the right information is made available and stored in the right way for the business. Within the team you are involved in designing and setting up databases and collecting, transforming (and structuring) structured and unstructured data.
In addition, you work a lot with the business to map out the wishes and needs and to manage expectations. You also maintain good contact with the ICT department for the implementation and realization of new IT techniques and applications. Finally, you also look for connections outside your own organization and exchange data with colleagues from other supervisors in the Netherlands.Job requirements
Who are you?
You love technology, you speak SQL fluently and you get satisfaction from contributing to organizational and team goals. You are good at making a translation from practice to technology and vice versa. Quality is of paramount importance to you, but you know where to prioritize and can work towards a goal in a result-oriented manner.
You also have:
- A completed Bachelor or Master degree in Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Data Science or similar.
- Practical experience in data engineering in a (big) data or data science environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL server, big data infrastructure and data modeling.
- Experience with both structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with both Microsoft and Linux / Unix systems is a great advantage.
- Knowledge of linked open data, NoSQL systems, rdf and graph databases is an advantage.
- Salary levelscale 11
- Monthly salaryMin € 3,256 – Max. € 5,003 (gross)
- EmploymentFixed-term contract
- Contract duration2 years
- Minimum number of hours per week32
- Maximum number of hours per week36
In addition to the salary, you will receive an Individual Choice Budget (IKB). The IKB consists of money (16.37% of your gross annual salary) and time. With the IKB you make the choices that suit you and you can compile part of your terms of employment yourself. For example, you can choose to have part of your monthly income paid out if you wish. You can also convert this budget into leave and vice versa or spend it on tax-friendly goals. The national government attaches great importance to personal growth and career development and offers numerous opportunities for this. The fringe benefits include various study facilities, company fitness, full reimbursement of your public transport commuting costs and partially paid parental leave.Particularities
What do we offer you?
ACM is an energetic, contemporary employer that is active in the social playing field where dynamics are high. You work on interesting and very current issues. Supervisors are the center of attention. Media, politics, business and the public follow our work critically. Your work has a direct impact on consumers and companies.
You can also count on:
- Ample opportunities for further development and specialization (including training within and outside our own Academy, visiting seminars, publishing, etc.).
- An employment contract for at least two years, a permanent contract is then possible.
- Salary in accordance with scale 11 (min. € 3256, – and max. € 5003, -), based on a 36-hour working week. Classification based on knowledge and experience. See table of government salary scales.
- In addition to the salary, you will receive a 16.37% Individual Choice Budget (IKB). With the IKB you can compile part of your terms of employment yourself, including a bicycle scheme, extra leave options and affordable sports.
- Working hours can be flexibly arranged by mutual agreement, working from home is one of the possibilities.
- A pleasant working environment with good facilities and a cozy company restaurant in the heart of The Hague, within walking distance of the central station.
Apply & contact
If your interest is aroused, apply now via the button below with your CV and motivation letter. Ask? Contact Kelly Veenboer (Senior Corporate Recruiter) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 070-7222525. Kelly is happy to tell you more about the organization, our offer and the selection procedure. For substantive questions about the position, please contact Menno Israel (Chief Data Officer) at email@example.com or 070–7222369.
The introduction and selection procedure consist of at least two rounds of interviews and a final employment terms interview. Obtaining references and making an assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
Permanent civil servants retain their legal position at ACM.